Who: 7th and 8th graders (6th graders may apply for second semester)
How: Students must apply and be accepted into this class. Application windows are announced for those who will be 7th and 8th graders the following school year in the spring. The 6th grade application window opens during 2nd quarter after midterm.
When: During an elective block called Skills in Leadership
Contact: Mrs. Hershberger - firstname.lastname@example.org
or Mrs. Martinez - email@example.com
Student Council Activity Goals
1. To provide opportunities for students to gain leadership skills and an appreciation for responsibility and accountability.
2. To provide ways in which students may broaden their interests and develop new experiences.
3. To foster healthy student-student, student-teacher, student-administration, and student-community interaction.
4. To provide a channel of communication through which students can contribute to the school program.
5. To develop an interest in current issues that involves all segments of the student population.
6. To promote more student body involvement through pep assemblies, informational assemblies and other whole-school events.