- School News
It's a STAMPEDE coming our way! GMS' first FUNdRun ( aka stampede) is this month! See how you can get involved and support your child!
The GMS PTO is organizing our first annual Grand Mountain Stampede, and here's what you need to know:
WHAT IS IT?
- A fundraiser in which kids raise money based on how many laps they run/walk on Stampede Day.
- A one-tenth mile course for elementary and one-eighth of a mile for middle schooler will be set up on the football field. The kids have 15 minutes to complete as many laps as they can.
- Sponsors may donate per lap or a set amount.
- Kids will be running during their specials time that day (or a set time for middle schoolers)
WHEN IS IT?
- Friday, September 24th during specials time (all day).
- The Stampede kick-off will be Friday, September 10th. On the morning of kick-off, students will be given donation envelopes with his/her name on them. The envelopes should go home with students that same day.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO?
- Make sure your student has his/her name on their donation envelope, and support your child in gaining sponsors to donate per lap completed or to give a flat amount
- Volunteer to help with the Stampede! Contact your child's teacher in order to do so!
- Show some team spirit!!
WHAT HAPPENS IF WE MEET OUR GOAL?
- If we meet our goal of raising $25,000 the GMS staff will wear mustaches on Monday, October 11th (Mustache Monday) and tutus on Tuesday, October 12th (tutu Tuesday)
This is not just your ordinary fundraiser--this is a chance to build school spirit and community pride (and have fun doing it)!
Thanks for your cooperation!
Grand Mountain PTO